Feasibility Study of the Kuwait Economics Zones is Underway
Gulf Consult in association with Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Buro Happold, Happold Consulting, and DLA Piper, were engaged by the Kuwait Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau for the “Feasibility study for Establishment of Kuwait Economics Zones”. The contracts to commence the study were signed end of May 2013, and is expected to take a year to fulfill.
The establishment of Kuwait Economic Zones (KEZ) will provide a strategic, physical, legal and operational framework that will support the diversification of Kuwait’s economy via the growth of industrial sectors and support of Foreign Direct Investment. It will also create investment opportunities and result in physical development, new jobs and social benefits for Kuwait’s citizens. The three KEZ zones are strategically located throughout Kuwait in accord with the Third Kuwait Master Plan Review National Physical Strategy, and includes Al-Abdali in the North, Al-Shegaya in the West, and Al-Wafra in the South.
The KEZ study includes:
- Market Assessment & Investor Demand Analysis
- Policy, Legal, Regulatory and Institutional Framework
- Site evaluation, Land Use/Physical Planning and Master Plan
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Financial and Economic Analysis
- Development Strategy and Implementation Plan